Income & Debt

Applying for a benefit

Does your unemployment benefit expire? Do you have no income? Then you may be entitled to social assistance benefits. You can apply for social assistance benefit from the Work & Income Department. On this page you will find:

  • who is entitled to benefits
  • how to apply for benefits
  • what information you need to provide
  • how much is the benefit
  • when you can get an advance

In the video below, Yasemin explains how to apply for benefits.